Redeemer Arts

Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City

Monday, October 25, 2010

Solitary Query



Do you ever find yourself wondering, What am I doing here in the city? I love what the Apostle Paul says to an astute group of urbanites in the book of Acts,


He determined the times set for us and the exact places where we should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being.(Acts 17:26-28)




God, in His wisdom and love, created each of us with a deep interconnectedness to Himself, relationally and missionally. In fact, the place in which we find ourselves and the gifts we possess are ordained by God to draw us to Himself, and into His great work of renewal.


Because of the gospel, my work becomes a setting for my personal renewal. If I belong to Christ, then I am wholly His and I must bring my whole self into my work as an artist. God is at work to make us whole, and to make us His! Therefore I do not solely serve the industry or my own personal gain. My work, like my heart and myself, is being swept up in the great work of renewal that God is accomplishing in the whole of creation.



Kenyon









1 comment:

  1. As I am being renewed day by day I pray that the Spirit that renews continues the process of transformation. Paul urged us to be a transformational people and in that transformation we would live out our service as outpoured wine and broken bread.

    ReplyDelete