Redeemer Arts

Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City

Friday, September 16, 2011

There, But For The Grace of God


there
but for the Grace of God lay I still
paralyzed but not still
devoid of peace bereft of hope
leper
perishing
languishing, lost, in a bed, in, deep in oppressive, depressive despair, slave to myself, blind to all else...
only by His command was I able to rise! And come forth
broken
one foot in front of the
other
unsure
afraid
desperately alone
unloved
unwanted, and therefore
worthless...
worthless.
(or so i thought - little did i know i was)
limping towards Love that saves
away from where my death was certain, imminent, and well underway

now
restored
redeemed
and Eternally Loved i lay me down to sleep
and sleep soundly
in the selfsame bed
finding my rest in
Him who my soul doth keep.

ileana santamaria

Vocalist and musician, Ileana Santamaria, typically performs this poem to the music of the classical Spanish piece, Nana by Manuel de Falla

No comments:

Post a Comment